Chapped lips are very common, especially when the weather is cold, during rainy season, or winter season. It causes your lips to dry and as we all know, lips cannot produce their own oil that is why it is very essential to always have a lip care routine when you wake up and before sleeping.
What are the causes of chapped lips?
Did you know that stress can highly affect the condition of your skin? It will toll on the thin and delicate skin of your lips. Being constantly on the go and not having the time to relax will cause your lips to feel sore and under-nourished. Especially when you constantly have a lack of sleep. Lips generate when you're sleeping, so having a short time sleeping will reduce and deprive your lips from regeneration. Dehydration is also a cause of your chapped lips. Girl! Always keep hydrated and drink your water! Just like what they say, what you put on your body will define what you look on the outside. Feed yourself with nutrients and drink water so that your skin will have an exquisite glow! How will you avoid chapped lips?
- LIP CARE
- As your lips are more delicate, always have a lip routine. Exfoliate and use balms to moisturize your skin and maintain that glow. Be delicate and have extra care when you try to exfoliate your lips so that it won’t burn and have little wounds. Always handle your skin with care
- SKIP DRY MATTE LIP PRODUCTS
- If your lips are already dry, do not use products that are matte. Choose product that has a moisturizing effect on your lips
- BEWARE OF WHAT YOU EAT
- Avoid eating too much salty food, avoid eating too much citrus fruits, and spicy food, dear. It will cause your lips to feel burned and hot, as well as it will make your lips undeniably dry,
- TRY USING HONEY
- Honey is a natural ingredient known for being very effective in protecting and making your skin smooth and healthy. Try using natural honey on your lips. It has an anti-bacterial and moisturizing property that is perfect for repairing chapped lips. Try using and applying this several times of the day, every day!
- DO NOT LICK YOUR LIPS
- If you think licking your lips will stop them from being chapped and dry, you are wrong! Licking your lips will just make them drier because Saliva contains digestive enzymes, like amylase and maltase, which wear down the skin on the lips. Over time, this will leave the lips more vulnerable to dry air. The skin can even break open and bleed.
If you like this blog, leave a comment below and connect with us through Instagram and TikTok: @mishkacosmeticsph